- Our School
- Pupil Premium Funding
Pupil Premium Funding
At Clarendon Academy we understand that challenging socio-economic circumstances can create additional barriers for children to succeed. However, evidence strongly suggests that these barriers can be overcome through excellent classroom teaching.
Although financial support is provided by the Government for schools, specifically for children who qualify for Pupil Premium, outstanding educational outcomes for these children are best achieved through outstanding practice in all classrooms.
This practice allows us to help all vulnerable children achieve the best possible outcomes according to their starting points.
All children need opportunities to enrich their lives through experience and at Avon Valley, we make sure that these opportunities are provided through our broad curriculum offer and an outstanding pastoral support programme.
At Clarendon Academy we all work energetically towards a shared purpose of improving the outcomes of all students by identifying and removing barriers to learning through relentlessly high expectations and quality first teaching. Our job is to serve the community of Trowbridge by promoting social mobility and we believe the best way to achieve this is through educational achievement.
Please click here to view our Pupil Premium Strategy Statement for 2022-23
At Clarendon Academy, we ensure high quality inclusive teaching in every classroom ensures that multiple barriers to learning are identified early and addressed through a range of highly effective strategies. It’s where the teaching and pastoral system come together to ensure the best outcomes for all. This is based on a combination of forensic data analysis and an informed contextual knowledge of our students and their needs within their community.
To achieve this, we concentrate on the following areas:-
- High quality, responsive teaching approaches in the classroom including ongoing student assessment and feedback
- Continued professional development for all staff and additional support for early career development
- Additional support for students during school transitions which can be particularly challenging for some
- Support for positive aspirational relationships across the school as the basis for success
Targeted Academic Support
Evidence shows that targeted academic support has a positive impact on student outcomes and with this in mind Avon Valley Academy provides a range of additional academic opportunities that are guided by the school, linked to the curriculum and focussed on areas identified as of most benefit to individual student need.
To achieve this, we use our additional Pupil Premium allocation on the following:-
- High quality one to one and small group tuition across year groups which is linked to the curriculum and focussed on individual student need.
- Structured intervention following assessment of student progress which is delivered by trained classroom teachers.
- A whole school awareness of individual needs and promotion of high aspirations and positive relationships at all times. This approach is based upon consistent routines and pro-active approaches to learning behaviours.
At Clarendon Academy we realise that student social and emotional needs are intrinsically linked to their academic learning. Every member of staff works energetically towards the shared purpose of removing non-academic barriers to success in order to improve the opportunities and aspirations of every student.
To achieve this, we spend our Pupil Premium allocation on the following wider strategies:-
- Initiatives to increase attendance in school and engagement in learning as a first step to success.
- Close cooperation and communication with parents, carers and the wider community as a route to achievement
- Initiatives to promote preparedness for learning including breakfast club, provision of devices to access remote education, resources and materials to open opportunities for learning.
- Supporting wellbeing and positive learning behaviours in and around school at all times.
|Pupil Premium/Catch Up||Date|
|Pupil Premium Strategy Statement 2022||12th Dec 2022||Download|