Free School Meals
Are you eligible for free school meals and the additional support that pupil premium funding provides?
Did you know that you may be entitled to financial support for your son / daughter? Pupil Premium funding is available to applicants who fulfill the criteria at the bottom of this page.
What is pupil premium funding?
The funding, which all schools receive, is aimed at providing support for students. The fund also provides the school with financial support for Service students, Free School Meal students and students in care.
The Clarendon Academy receives the funding directly from the Government and uses it to benefit in the following ways, with the aim of ensuring all students reach their potential:
Who does it help – Students?
How will the student benefit? Please see our Pupil Premium Strategy Statement for full details of our expenditure, but below are some of the ways that funding has been spent:
- Learning resources
- Music tuition
- Break / lunch money
- Other equipment
- 1-2-1 intervention when needed
- Smaller, more focused classes
- A member of staff dedicated to monitoring the welfare and achievement of students, who is focused on ensuring all students achieve to their potential.
Who does it help – Families?
- Free school meals applied discreetly
- Discretionary financial, academic and emotional support where needed
- Link contact in school
Who is entitled to Free School Meals?
You may be entitled if you are in receipt of any of the following:
- Income support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance (not contribution based JSA)
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance (not contribution based ESA)
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit – providing you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and your family’s annual income (as assessed by HMRC) is not more than £16,190 (as at 6 April 2012)
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment you may receive for a further four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
Apply anyway…what have you got to lose?
We have staff on hand to assist with the application process. Complete the form below, or call us on 01225 762686. If we don’t know, we can’t help…..
All help and support is done behind the scenes, with the knowledge of staff and family only. We recognise the importance of discretion and sensitivity.
Related Links and Downloads
- Pupil Premium / Catch Up Premium Information and key performance data (Internal Link)
- Apply online (External Link)
- Apply by downloading the form for Free School Meals (here)